Friday, January 30, 2009

um...

Topher and I are walking across a small field to get to a Moped on the street.  We are going to drive it to the Slipknot concert.  We got on the moped, and I drive while he sits behind me.  We just turn one corner and suddenly we're on a dirt bike track.  We hit a few jumps and then realize that we were catching up to David Lettermen on an ATV with two 20 something women riding on dirt bikes on either side of him.  We pulled up in between him and the girl on the left and hit a HUGE jump.  In fact the jump went about 50 feet in the air, over a stack of giant tubes (like water slide tubes, but pretty big).  Putting one foot down to vault over the tubes I landed on the other side.  I say "I landed" because I realized Topher was not with me.

I stopped and went back to find topher bruised and cut up as fuck.  There were no major injuries but he was seriously cut up.  We decided to soldier on, but when we got back on the moped we were suddenly riding through my house.  Of course, just like every dream, it wasn't architecturally my house, but in dream world it was my house.  We were weaving around strange stuff (stacks of chairs, books, randomly piled junk) and pass by my Brother and My mom and few times.  It seems at this point that getting to slipknot is not part of the dream.  The final maneuver was to jump over (using a body-weight thrust) an original Nintendo system with the catridge accepter sticking straight up in the air.  The red power light was blinking like it does when there is an error in loading the catridge.

When we landed, i woke up.

Reflections:  This is the first main dream i remember.  In the past week i've had two mini-dreams, or at least mini-remembrances.  In one dream i was with Ivy, she has black streaks in her hair, and for the other i was at gettysburg.  A large group of us were standing outside the Funk house.  Pie told a joke to me that went "you now why the 14 and the 16 where late?.... Cause they were pooling".  What she meant by this (and i know because it was a dream) was a pun of the game pool (billiards), and she was refering to pool balls not just metaphysical numbers.  I woke up immediately after she made this joke and could not for the life of me figure out why my subconcious did that to me.  16 isn't even a number in pool, nevermind the fact that "pooling" as a pun or just a term is NOT REAL.  Weird.

This was the dream i had going thursday the 30th into Friday the 31st of January.  Apparently thursday night into friday is a good time to dream and remember for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment